Top 5 Silly Mistakes to Avoid As A JEE Aspirant
Achieving your desired rank in JEE is not a mammoth challenge if your approach towards your studies is well-structured. It’s not a lack of knowledge that creates a big gap between AIR 1 and AIR 100 but the silly mistakes that students commit. So, this blog is here to make you aware of some of the common and silly mistakes that you must be committing without even realising it.
- Not focusing on all subjects- As a JEE aspirant, you must understand that it’s inevitable to prepare all three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics well. You need to ensure the balance between all so that you can attempt other subject’s questions if you get stuck to a particular topic of other subjects. Do not just streamline your focus and energy on only one subject. All three are equally important to crack IIT-JEE.
- Not sticking up to a timetable- Many students do make a timetable but the mistake they do is to not follow it. They just procrastinate and think they will follow it from tomorrow. Remember, a timetable keeps your schedule in place and makes you disciplined, so it is important to follow your timetable religiously. Try to include breaks in your timetable, so that it doesn’t get monotonous for you.
- Not paying heed to the basic concepts- IIT-JEE is a battle that requires a strong understanding of the basic concepts to win. However, many students fail to acknowledge this fact. You must make it a point to first experiment with NCERT, study, and understand all its concepts before hopping onto any other extra reference book. Do not just cram the topics and start solving the questions without having a basic understanding of the concepts.
- Leaving important topics for eleventh-hour- This is the biggest mistake that many students commit. See, you cannot really afford to leave the essential topics that you know to have the highest probability to come in the exam for the last minute. In fact, you should keep them on priority and prepare them well. The last hours before the exam would not be sufficient to study those important topics.
- Not appearing for mock tests- Note that the mock tests are a preview of what is going to come in the main exam. They greatly help you in practising for the main exam and also help you in escalating your speed and accuracy to answer all the questions in time and correctly. So, you better don’t underestimate the importance of the mock tests.
Thus, it’s the time to get over these silly mistakes and march steps ahead to crack IIT-JEE and fulfill your academic goals. All the best!