Revision Diet - Brain Foods to Eat While Revising
Are your exams on the head? Having problem in concentrating and revising? If yes then this blog is meant only for you. Note that, it is significant to have a healthy diet even when you are studying and revising for your upcoming exams. When the exam pressure is on, it’s time to focus on what you are eating. Yes! Right food choice can help you in alleviating your stress and pressure up to a great level.
Below discussed are some of the important brains foods that you must eat while revising. Go through the revision diet as under-
- Nuts- If you didn’t know yet then here it is. Nuts are a package of magnesium and good fat that works on keeping your cortisol levels or the stress level in a decreased state. Many a time, students take so much stress right before their exam that they tend to forget what all they have learnt. Out of all the nuts, prefer having walnuts, as they are rich in polyphenols and omega 3, which are known for improving one’s memory. Just keep on munching the nuts one by one and you are all good to go with your revision.
- Dark chocolate- Oh yes! You heard that right. Your much loved dark chocolate can now help you revise better. According to the studies, it has polyphenol in it that helps in reducing blood pressure and consists of magnesium, which is counted among the relaxants. You better choose chocolates that have more than 80% of cocoa, so not to cause any harm to your teeth and weight.
- Coconut- This is one of the interesting foods that can prove to be the best revision diet. The University of Columbia conducted a study in which it revealed that the taste and smell of the coconut can help you relax. Yes, it can bring your blood pressure to normal levels, in turn alleviating stress during exams. You can try out having coconut pieces, coconut yogurt and other dishes made with coconut.
- Bananas- Ever wondered why monkeys are always jumping in joy? It’s because they binge on bananas. You should know that bananas are rich in vitamin B-6, which is responsible for generating happy hormones in the body. They escalate the serotonin levels, keeping you at bay from stress. In addition to this, bananas also contribute to regulating the blood sugar levels and even keep your blood pressure in control. So, they will prevent your blood pressure gushing high right before the exam.
- Whole-grains and berries- Even if you don’t like it, you should try having whole-meal bread, buckwheat, oats and other such foods. When you combine whole grain with protein, it can help you in concentration and can keep the stress away. With this, you should also opt for blueberries, as they are rich in vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants that keep the brain active.
So, now when you know some of the exciting foods that can help you in your revision phase, you should grab them. All these foods are easily available and lie within your student budget as well. Thus, it’s time to ditch the caffeine and include the above-discussed foods in your revision diet. Stay healthy, stay successful!