JEE Exam Dates Postponed: Know How to Use Extra Time Judiciously
True that COVID-19 has struck the entire world hard, but it has somehow showered relief on the students preparing for JEE 2020. Yes, the IIT- JEE exam has been now postponed and is going to be held in the month of September. This simply hints at the fact that the students will now have more time to prepare and strengthen the key areas of their studies in which they were lacking earlier. Now that you have spare time, here are some tips that can help you make the most of it and increase your chances to clear the exam.
- Consolidate your learning- This is the best time to consolidate all that you have studied and learnt in the past year/s. You might feel exhausted as you have been already studying for a year but it’s not the time to let boredom set in. Instead, these extra 30-40 days can give your preparation a new turn. Indeed, this time can prove to be really beneficial for you.
- Do a SWOT analysis- After you are almost prepared to appear for the JEE exam, you can utilise this extra time in doing the SWOT analysis. You must analyse the subjects that are your strength and topics that fall in your weak zone. This golden opportunity of the grace period will help you overcome your threats of not clearing the exam. When you will know where your preparation actually stands, you will be able to work on it and improve it.
- Look for free online teaching portals- This can be the best time to look for free online portals that are offering crash courses. These courses can greatly help you in brushing up your knowledge and will let you do an efficient revision of all that you have studied. They will make you revise what you’ve studied, with no pressure of new study material.
- Avoid picking up new study material- Since you now have more days in hand to prepare, you might be tempted to pick up new study material. But, you must resist doing this. Picking up new reference books and other study material will only leave you in a baffling situation, as you will neither be able to complete studying that material in this time frame nor you will clearly be able to remember all that you have earlier studied. So, choosing new study material at this eleventh hour would not be a wise decision.
- Continue solving mock tests- Never ever belittle the importance of mock tests. The mock tests are a preview of the main exam and instil in you more confidence. More you solve these mock papers, more confident you will be to achieve the desired rank in JEE.
So, now when you know how to utilise this additional gifted time, prepare for your JEE attempt vigorously. All the very best!